Tuesday 1 May 2012

Musings-- WAFFLE THE WAY ALONG

Just read Tuesdays with Morrie.
Nice book, maybe.
Waffle, waffle, waffle.
Oh right, I have a bandage on my knee.
A white, evil bandage.
Ouch, it hurts.
Nao I can't lie on my stomach or it'll burn.
But on the other hand, my sis says it looks cool and hardcore and she feels like getting one too. That's how amazing I am~

Stupid bike, I should have never rode you. You of a sickening orange (and you just had to be my favourite colour!). Ouch, ouch, ouch.

And Tuesdays With Morrie says :

"The feel of those emotions, their texture, their moisture, the shiver down the back, the quick flash of heat that crosses your brain--then he was able to say, 'okay. This is fear. Step away from it. Step away.' "--Quoted, page 104-105

Oh, but seriously, when the pain comes on, it's too fast for you to be able to identify anything. The speed itself. *shudder* Ugh, my knee hurts, but I know it's just mentally. I'll still be able to jump, but it hurts. Sigh. painpainpain~ *whines on incessantly*
I mean, how can you accept Death so easily? It seems too much for me. To be able to think about it so clearly, vividly, that you feel at peace with Death?
Then again, I'm just like an empty container, not yet filled with experience.
I love the book.

The first page drew me in:

A lesson without grades, without books, taught from experience and not theory.
We're Tuesday people.

And they talk about more of life's lessons, how the rushing pace of people affects us and sub-cultures. How you shouldn't be pressured to conform because that's what the society wants you to believe: Women not skinny enough, men no rich enough, students with marks too low.
I wish I could believe and make my own sub-culture, but I'm stuck within the paradox of freewill and prejudice. The veil blinds me with letters, A, B, C, F. Different letters hold a certain impact, a shadow covering your character and personality, a cloak hiding your values.
Branded with the letters, some cower behind it, hoping not to meet discriminating stares while others hold theirs high enough, blocking what offensive remarks that may be made.
Every time I get an A, I don't feel happy. I feel relieved.

waffle waffle waffle.
the banana culture! :D

I read small bits of it along the way since primary school.
The first time, we did a comprehension on it, just a small extract. I read on and found it interesting, I thought it was a case study, a scientific study on illnesses.
I wanted to read more. But I didn't, because it became a dimmed light in my mind, faded to a cracking whisper.

The second time, I saw this quote "Don't let go too soon. But don't hang on too long" from Tuesdays with Morrie and I was enchanted. The book didn't seem like a scientific case study anymore. Perhaps a philosophical case study? But I didn't read it.

The third time, I was wandering about in a bookstore. My sister had vouchers :D so we were just looking around. We were deliberating over whether to buy The Hunger Games--trilogy but I spotted this small pocket book-- Tuesdays with Morrie. And I picked it up. I was going to read it, I was going to buy this intriguing little book. So we left the bookstore happily.

And you can tell what happened after this. I read it, and was surprised to find out that I liked it, although my dad found it too deep for people of my age. He expected me to buy something like The Hunger Games. And you know what? I'm glad I got this book, instead of missing out on it.

Not to say that it's necessarily better than The Hunger Games, but I like it. It's based on personal opinion, I suppose. I mean, the idea from the trilogy looks refreshing and interesting-- it somewhat attracted me. Ah :D

Don't miss it, peeps. It's really interesting :D And you'll never get sick of it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have fun scribbling your thoughts :D The pencil... is amused.