Wednesday 23 May 2012

Moosic :D

Minor warning:

I am not a K-pop fan (well, I wouldn't really say that I'm a hater, because that's just unreasonable), hence please do not mind if I do not worship the ground that your idols step on. Admittedly, I do listen to K-pop sometimes--SeeU's I=Fantasy is rather... abstract, in my view.

If you do not agree with me, there's no need to get too... enraged because everybody has their own views on matters. :D Though I may be a zombie-marshmallow-banana-waffle-goldfish-giraffe-ninjapenguin thingy, I still has a brain of my own (Pretty contradictory, isn't it?)

If you are those people who... hate people who do not agree with you, please do not click for more pencil shavings!



Currently:
Listening to: Daughter of White, by Haku Yowane
Eating: Cup noodles :D

This is like a... counterpart post to Eilun's. :D

K-pop has been waltzing in and out of my life (very frequently, I should say). And it has been irritating me to no end. Whereas it is rather stereotypical to say this, it seems that most of the K-pop songs came to be created this way :

Girl 1: Oh gawd, I <3 this person
Girl 2: Srsly?
Girl 1: And he's like, soooooooooooo awesome~
Girl 2: Oh!
Girl 1: But I don't think he likes me TT^TT
Girl 2: Let's write a song about it!

And hence... the creation of a song. T.T
Other factors may come in, such as:

Girl 1: HE DUMPED ME!
Girl 2: HOW DARE HE!
Girl 1: LET'S WRITE A SONG ABOUT IT TO SHOW HIM WHAT HE'S LOST!

This sounds so puppy-love like. And most songs now adopt this tone that it's getting really, really, irritating. Although some of the idols really do have great powerful vocals (well, I'm not so sure if they have used autotone but anyway) and I really do admire them. One thing, however. Are they going to waste not fully use their talents by not singing inspirational songs (or meaningful ones, at the very least) ? Are they going to resort to such annoying cliches to gain more fame?

Okay, so not all J-pop songs are meaningful, but at least you don't see them talking about the same thing over and over again, right? (Well, I'm specifically talking about VOCALOID's genre) Take "Dark Wood Circus", it actually talks about some cruel things that actually happened during the second World War.
And I think that Eight Hundred talks about war.

While J-pop is heading for a more techno-like style, Tell Your World is still rather, well, uncliched. It talks about gratitude for all of Miku's supporters to help create her, to breathe life into her (well, ironic, seeing as she's a synthesiser programme).

I'm not going to force the idea that J-pop naturally is better than K-pop on you.

English songs are nice:D But lately... Well, let's just review what most of the songs now talk about:


  • rape/ sexual abuse
  • drug abuse
  • swear words
  • Teenage love/ love sick people/ puppy love
... Well, that wasn't really pleasant. I don't really have a problem with One Direction, but it's really, overkill. Every day I walk in the corridors and I can always hear "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction. It's rather amazing to me how people can still be addicted to that song. I must admit that I fell prey to the fanvirus (still being targeted by the "We Are Young" fanvirus). 

Taylor Swift's voice is sweet and melodious (a tad to high, perhaps?) and it really suits the Country music she used to sing -high fives Eilun- but her songs are more for lovestruck teenagers (definitely not me, unless you're talking about me and my bed). Safe and Sound was a poignant piece, no doubt really touching, I suppose :D

Under the influence of my sister, I've listened to the Classic Oldies and they were soothing, sweet and peaceful :D Compared to nowadays' music, perhaps the Oldies were better :) 

And Coldplay :D Yay :D I like Paradise. :D It's so nice and really inspirational. Well, I suppose that a meaningful song is something that has meaning (no, duh), depth and not a mere following of the trend. :D
... That doesn't sound...

Aargh, what's with me. I'm confused. 

Okay, so what makes a meaningful song? 
Hmm. 

But music is supposed to be an emotional thing, something to evoke a certain feeling within you...?
... That was so cheesy, but. 

Oh well, I'd better stick to parodies :D 

Lalala, ends up there's no conclusion at all :D

1 comment:

  1. Nice post :) A bit of a shocker (not really...) to discover that you like K-pop :) Haha. How nice that I 'inspired' you to post something like that :D I happy. I should do more opinion posts LOL. Well, I agree with most of what you said.

    To me, music is a means of communication, an art. In art, there is no right and wrong. And the point of art is the emotion that pulses and grips you. Or it could be, simply the appeal of it that soothes you, makes you smile. And that's okay. You don't have to... grasp the meaning of something to love it.

    I think my point is, I don't think Kpop idols put as much effort into... producing their music (not just in terms of composing) as compared to other musicians, like VOCALOID composers who do pretty much everything by themselves, or certain rock bands that go more for originality and make THEMSELVES satisfied (not just the fans), for example. Which is what speaks out to me. Back in the old days, it was about the passion, the reaching out, the emotion.

    It was way more meaningful, back then .___.

    ReplyDelete

Have fun scribbling your thoughts :D The pencil... is amused.