Monday 17 October 2011

Paradise-- Coldplay





I don't know this feeling,
Something so deeply rooted,
So strong and full of life.
Is this paradise?

~~~
"Love, my dear child, love."
I looked up at Grandma, who merely smiled, showing all of her wrinkles. I crinkled my nose but tried to smile too. I sat in Grandma's lap, hugging her back as she patted my head. I could feel the warmth from her body. I looked back at the wooden door and heard Angie's sobs issuing from within. I shook my head and then glanced up at Grandma, who was whistling a tune. Our tune.
I hugged Grandma tighter and breathed in the scent of tomato soup coming from her body. I liked tomato soup. Grandma continued to pat my head and later whispered,
"Andrea, you will know it when you experience it..."
I frowned at her, displaing my cutest pout as I protested. She laughed, and that sound was like those of wind chimes, reverberating in the calm, gentle breeze. Grandma nodded astutely and wagged her index finger. She repeated,'
"You will know it when you experience it..."
Angie came out of the room, her hair tangled and her whole body posture slackened. Her eyes were puffy and red, telling tales of crying. Tear tracks glistened on her cheeks, as she raised a shaky hand to wipe them away. She looked away, embarrassed as she mumbled,
"I'm going to get a drink."
Her voice was not its usual soprano, cheery-like. Instead, she sounded like a thousand-year-old person. What terrified me was the sight of her dulled, hollowed eyes that didn't sparkle as they would usually. She looked nothing but an empty shell, hope escaping through the cracks, leaving despair to take its place. I shuddered.
Waiting till she was gone, I complained to Grandma,
"If that is love, I don't want it."
Grandma shook her head and lapsed into thoughtful silence.

~~~
But the pain that tortures us,
Alone on a stormy night,
Hurtful words that were flung across the room,
Our anger blinding us.

The terror that made me crumble,
Into tiny bits as I fell.
Is it still paradise?
Is it still paradise?

~~~
"I know it... It's love, isn't it?" I mumbled excitedly, trying not to show my blush.
Angie laughed and patted my head. She nodded, proving me right. My heart leapt. Love! Oh, what a strong and beautiful word that masks the deeper emotion, so fragile. I was dancing then, nature's rhythm of love coarsing through the entire room. Angie chuckled and jumped up to join me, as we twirled.
My bones felt hollowed like a bird's, my feathers tickling me as I giggled childishly. Every twirl only served to make me dizzy, but it was pure ecstacy; I needed to express the excitement, the anticipation in my heart that made me swell with happiness. Love, love, love! What an interesting word it was to me!
I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sunlight, so warm and comforting. The yellow rays turned my hair redish. It was a fairytale, so simple and lasting. Grandma was watching me from the bedroom door, nodding in understanding.
Nothing could go wrong.

~~~
No, of course it could never erase
The existence of our heavenly memories,
Your youthful smile
And my childish giggle.

Your hand in mine,
Under the moonlight,
We twirled and sang
Songs from our hearts,

Lo and behold!
The majestic power of such a simple word and emotion,
'I honour you', alas, you bowed.
'And so they lived happily ever after'.

~~~
And dreamed of
para-para, paradise,
para-para, paradise,
para-para, paradise,
~~~
As such, you enchanted me,
With the thoughts of paradise,
Our love that shone from within,
I was in paradise.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Gosh. I wrote this on a whim. But the song's nice, right? I heard that this MAY be the last album, Mylo Xyloto, but I hope not. :D Oh... I hope this made sense...

Signing off,
Ollie :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have fun scribbling your thoughts :D The pencil... is amused.