Saturday 29 October 2011

I love you

The special three words, something so unique. However, it is always turned down by the pupils in my class. It does draw a certain amount of shock and the responses are always so predictable. When I yelled the words out to a very good friend, she immediately was taken aback and had both eyebrows raised. As I patted my 'granddaughter''s head and whispered the words out, she shrieked, "EEP!" and later said, "I'm not lesbian." When I smiled and spoke the words to my 'daughter', she scowled and replied, "I'm not lesbian."

It hurt to feel immediate rejection; love is just such a simple term, why should everyone immediately link that to relationships? Can't we love our parents, our kins, our friends? I suppose they just didn't understand. After all, those three words are to show how we admired or cherished the friends, weren't they? Sure, they could be romantically involved, but it just seems so weird to link those three words together with such things every single time.

Also, when I gave my friend a birthday hug, I could feel shock from another person. As I left, I could hear the birthday girl explaining, "It's just a hug." Why are we so isolated from the gestures used to express our friendship? Have we been too anti-social?

I love you, don't you?
Eww... I'm not--
Love can be used to express how you cherish someone. Don't you love your parents?
Yeah...
Nevermind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have fun scribbling your thoughts :D The pencil... is amused.