Saturday 8 October 2011

My view on the Youtube video of Kids React to Hatsune Miku

I am irritated. It feels so horrible and I feel like it's eating me up. Yes, you are humans, so you have your own rights, freedom of speech. I kept telling myself that, "They are just a bunch of ignorant kids... They know nothing at all, nothing." But it made me feel worse. Look, the oldest was around, I don't know, fifteen or sixteen?
I quote,
 "These are fake! I don't think those people watching should... they should get their money back."

The people paid for the tickets knowing that she was an android. Fake? In what sense? In the sense that she isn't human? Do you know that those outbursts of yours will cause the creators to be upset or angered? How insensitive are you? Besides, those people have their own choice. Why are you telling them what they should do when they have already made their own choice?

"People want to see that? But she's not even real!"
"Oh my gosh, it's an anime character! Oh my gosh! I'm going to faint!"

You are over exaggerating. Look, what you are doing now is mocking the people's intelligence. Are you trying to say that all of them are cheering because of the fact that she's "an anime character"? That is insulting. This can also be counted as forcing your train of thoughts on others. So if you would very much hate (Please understand the importance and impact of this word) watching androids sing and perform, are you meaning to say that other people shouldn't be watching them perform too?

"Machines shouldn't be popstars! Just no! No!"

That is very much exaggerating. Who are you to condemn them? Does the world revolve around you? I think not. There may be people who actually appreciate their music, unlike you. You are so quick to actually object to the idea that it makes me wonder if you actually think it through.

"You can't be a fan of it! It doesn't exist!"
"She's not real! How could I be a fan of her if she's not real?"

These statements seem so hypocritical to me. It's the same as being a fan of a book character, like Harry Potter. Some may argue that the author, J.K. Rowling is real, but in the end, they end up being a fan of the character instead of the creators. And how can you be so fast to demand that no one can be a fan of this production when people have their own thoughts and own rights?

"She's not a real person, this isn't real music, I don't want to listen to it."

Is there a difference in music? Music is something that touches deep inside of your heart, to evoke some kind of emotion. Real music and fake? Is there even a difference? You are just being bias and judgemental because the singer isn't a real person. But still, the person who wrote the song is real. So if that piece of music was given to a real life human to sing, would you immediately refuse it? I think not.

When the question, "If you found out that your favourite singer, or band, was all computer-generated, would that change how you feel about them?"
"I'd probably cry."
"That would be horrible."

See, those people who were interviewed were actually objecting to the idea of having computer-generated singers. Does it matter? If they didn't know that the person they were listening to was an android, they would not be so quick to be prejudiced. Does this mean that they do not have an open mind?

Fake? Sure, it is a computer-edited programme, but if you are mature enough, and you should be as you are like, fifteen, don't you know well enough that you are being filmed and that video is going to be watched by millions of people around the world? I may be bias, but I find it completely unfair. Who are they to judge the Vocaloid and condemn it just because they aren't real?

This video was infuriating, but then again, I feel as though I am arguing on the base that I am actually a fan of their music. Thus this may be rather offensive to me. Some people may share the same view as them, so I have no right to control what they think. I just want to remind the people reading that whatever you say, as long as it will be released to the entire world (or not), please take on a more mature stand-point and not restrict yourselves to just one frame of thought.

I may have been contradictory in my own review, but then again, freedom of choice. Sigh. Ollie, don't get so worked up over these small, unimportant matters. Sigh.

For now, I need to eat a tuna sandwich :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have fun scribbling your thoughts :D The pencil... is amused.