Sunday 17 June 2012

You sort of start thinking anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.

I has been attacked by the fanvirus as well.
The Harry Potter fanvirus has gotten to me.

Gyahhhhhhh. I just felt so... sad while scrolling through those tumblr Harry Potter quotes.
I feel really resentful that Twilight got ''Movie of the year" instead of Harry Potter. It's the last movie already (Deathly Hallows), so why give it to Twilight? I mean, Harry Potter was an awesome series, something magical and so beautiful--EPIC.

I'm not a fan of Twilight. The books make me laugh, though. I would say that in terms of books, I would prefer Harry Potter but Twilight--the overall plot idea is rather... refreshing...?--is not that terrible. Twilight (book version) seems to be more of a whine/rant. I think it's one of its weaknesses, written in a first-person format that perhaps the author kinda slipped away? Also, Twilight is kinda draggy. I mean, example:

1. They arrive at a conclusion (like... Bella's being chased by some vampire)

20 or more pages later...

2. They're still describing Bella's fear of being chased.

Okay, so in that 20 pages or so, there's probably going to be some flowery details about her fear (heart pumping--basically, the works). Or maybe they used up 18 pages of that 20 to write about Edward's perfection?

((I have to confess--the idea of a sparkly vampire turns me off))

Whereas, Harry Potter may be a little mundane, but it's really got this grip on you. I think it rather describes characters who we can relate to and the English is rather good. It doesn't have a lot of description (of, for example, the patronus looking so sparkly and silver and all that) but it leaves it to your imagination. :D

The books are away from me now, so I may not be as accurate. :D
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The movies:

Harry Potter


I didn't really feel the 'magical' part in the first movie. But watching the first part of Deathly Hallows made me go eye-wide and cry. I--kinda--cried because it was so awesome (I cried during Madagascar 3 because the effects were just so epic and it was so inspirational, the music...). I wanted to watch the second part because it seemed like the end of everything and I wanted to just follow Harry's journey.

Despite the overall positive review about the movie series, I thought that in the first part of the Deathly Hallows, they lengthened parts that were supposed to be short and vice-versa. Dobby's death didn't really seem to... it was just like a flash, then gone.

But I have to give a thumbs up for this one scene of Harry and Hermione dancing in the tent when Ron left (I do not ship Harmione--or whatever it's called). Because it brought out the bitterness of children being forced  to fight and grow up in such a horrible reality. Think about it. Harry has got almost no childhood--his parents died, he's facing Lord Voldy all the time... And at that time, they're simply dancing, enjoying themselves as children once again. Then the music stops, the spell breaks (much like Cinderella) and they're back to fighting evil again.

Inserts Molly's voice: "They're just children!"

The movie made me feel more overwhelmed (definitely!) than the book. Perhaps it's because in screenplay you can see more emotions? :D

Twilight


... Uh. I have to admit, when I went to watch New Moon with my sister and her friends... halfway through the movie, I slept. That was a waste of ticket money...
But seriously, there was no trigger, there was no excitement and the spinning scene (change of months) made me dizzy.

Think about it. A diary of a teenager who's mesmerised with her boyfriend... it doesn't really seem to make a good movie story, does it? Since all you're writing about is the awesomeness of your boyfriend. You may disagree, saying that there are all the... dangers (of the Volturi and...) but it's not gripping enough. The effects don't seem really strong and powerful. It seems like you're describing the perfection of your sparklypie-of-a-boyfriend while being hunted down. That really doesn't seem as attractive.

I'm kinda glad I didn't buy the Twilight CD and instead opted for the Half-Blood Prince CD. :D

I think that Kristen Stewart doesn't really seem to display much emotions... Perhaps it's because there really isn't much change of emotions in Bella's role to begin with? But even so, you'd get tired after looking at a person who's displaying the same emotions every. single. time.

So there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not a fan of Twilight because it just doesn't suit me. Still, if you're a Twihard, continue trolling supporting your love for your fandom. We Potterheads don't need to put down anyone to show that we're awesome.

...wait.

"We Potterheads"?

I has fallen to the fanvirus! Oh no!

Since I am a 'Potterhead' now, might as well start trolling and flaming Twilight?
No. But Bella really is a Mary-Sue. And Edward is a controlling boyfriend. *nods head*

Extra videos!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Have fun scribbling your thoughts :D The pencil... is amused.