Monday 13 August 2012

Please don't mind me. I'm just a little, ignorant teenager who doesn't know anything.

Please.
Leave if you can't bear my sarcasm.
Leave before it's too late.
Leave before you get agitated because of something I wrote.
Leave now.
I have warned you.


Having a facebook class group.
And then not adding a member of the class.
Oh yes, how mature.

We used to have a girl in class. She was a rather pleasant girl, only that sometimes her presence got a little irritating. I admit, I kinda did dislike her for a moment, but then I thought it was wrong and mean to do that to her. What did she do? She was only clingy, that's all. Was that reason to completely shun her? I didn't really think so.
So then she created facebook with a fake name and added all of us. Later in our class group, they started discussing whether to add her. Many people were against the motion, happily typing snide remarks. Of course, they could be joking. But to me, it was horribly mean. They were restricting her. There was a picture of a chat with her. She claimed to be a 'Directioner'.

Following that, there were comments. Sarcastic comments.
Caption: Directioner? Please, that's a kind of privilege (or something to that similar context)

Privilege? Are we talking about the Indian Caste System now? Are we talking about how some people have more rights than others? Like in Animal Farm, where 'Some animals are more EQUAL than others'. I don't see how that exactly works. We're in a FREE country, where everyone is EQUAL. Who are you to judge her. Who are you exactly to even say that she can't have that 'privilege'? Who are you to be so mean to her just because she's not your type of a wonderful friend/cool buddy. Who are you to deny her to being added into the group?

Because "she never thought of herself as a member of the class"? How do you know, exactly? How do you know? Are you her? Unless you're her, I can't see how that's exactly true. What is a member of the class? I will remember and forever know that there is a girl (her identity shall remain confidential) in our class. In our 6E. In our class. I will know that she EXISTS and that she is a part of the class, technically or emotionally.

Oh yes, that's so mature. But wait, who am I to say anything at all? Why should you even listen to me? Oh, please don't mind me. I'm not allowed to pass judgments or come to any conclusions because I'm just a little, tiny, insignificant, ignorant teenager who doesn't know anything at all. Just like you. 

She's a nice person. She's kind. She has a great smile. She's happy.
I don't know why you have to do this to her.
Everyone wants attention. Humans need companionship.
Are you going to ignore her because she's doing what EVERY HUMAN IS DOING? She wants a friend. Like all of us. I know how it feels like to be lonely. It's terrible.

Oh yes. Real mature, peeps.
Real mature.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, Perry.

    I understand how you feel. My ex classmates also used to, and still do, discriminate against this boy. (Who later created a facebook account under the a fake name and his actions were termed as "unethical") And they even admitted to discriminating against him without even feeling any guilt.

    (Inserts cynical viewpoint here.)

    The worst thing is, they don't ever want to listen. They think that just because you have a different opinion means you are an outcast and you're just plain wrong because that's not what the majority thinks.

    I don't understand what gives them the rights to pass such judgements of their classmate, when they are not exactly being role models. So what if she's a little clingy? You mean people can't stand her, and they can stand snobbish(inserts word here)?

    Society's judegement is screwed up.


    ReplyDelete

Have fun scribbling your thoughts :D The pencil... is amused.