Sunday 25 December 2011

A Fanfiction-- Merry Christmas

THIS. IS. FULL.OF. FLUFF. Kyah! The Christmas special! For Takako Mizune and Takashi Morinozuka! And their initials are the same! Plus, if you just limit the first name to four words, both are 'Taka'! :D

Disclaimer :I don't own Vocaloid nor OHSHC!
__________________________________________________________________________________
I didn't want to be invited to the Christmas party organised by the host club. But I was, because I was a student of the school and I was in the singing band, VOCALOID. It irked me that we had to bring partners along. This was awkward. I had planned my secret escape as soon as the invitation card was in my hands, but Miku stilled me with one of her deadly glares and dangerously sweet smiles. That tiny glimmer of hope shattered. I had received many requests to be a partner for the dance, but they were too abrupt (I didn't even know this weirdo --since I couldn't tell if it was a he or she-- so how was I supposed to accept?). In the end, I had rejected every single one of them with a bow.

But deep inside, I knew I was saving this one dance (just one, I don't know whether I can stand the embarrassment of being so ungraceful and short--next to him, anyone would appear short!) for a particular classmate, who sat in front of me. He was usually quiet, mostly calm and like a statue. That was why I couldn't really claim it as a kind of crush. I didn't even know anything about him. How could you, since all his responses were one-words? Probably curiosity.

I was attracted to him for a long time, how calmness emitted from him would spread to me and let me regain my composure. Not to mention, he was quite dashing. Could this mere fascination be like those of the shallow girls who fell for the host club because of their looks? I wasn't sure to say so. I was fretting, mindlessly fretting. Sometimes, though I'm ashamed to admit it, my attention seems to be directed to him. My universe, just happened to be blurred into vague little shapes, unimportant when he was around. It was simply disorientating. I tried not to be so dependant on his very presence and instead focused on my own doodles. It didn't work.

Miku had forced the truth out of me, promising to keep it a secret. She was angry for a period of time.

'So do you like him?" she demanded.

"I... I don't know," I admitted, playing with my blouse.

"How can you not know!"

"I... well, it's hard to talk to him..."

"Taka! What happened to you, the sarcastic, confident girl?"

"Look! He's just so silent!"

"Then talk to him!"

"Yeah. It's so easy!"

"The Christmas party. Ask him!"

"That's... the boys' are supposed to ask the girls!"

"So old fashioned..."

"And besides, he's a host. So he'll be doing host duties, right? So he can't spend the night with me! End of story!" I said huffily.

The conversation ended then.

------------------------------

"Hirai, hirai..." I sang, allowing the song to come to an end.

Applause ruled the room for a few seconds, as I bowed. My eyes, sort of attuned, were searching for Mori. It was time for the ball to start. I had to leave the stage. Trudging, a little reluctantly, I entered the dressing room where Miku was. She had changed into her dress, a long pink one. It had puffy sleeves and a white silk sash. She let her hair down and applied makeup. She was pretty, luminious. I sighed at wonder. Would I ever be like that?

Then, without warning, I was forced into a dressing room where my dress was ready. The door shut and I pounded on it, demanding for an explaination. She ignored me flatly. I had no choice but to change into the dress. It didn't really fit me. It was sleeveless, white. The material was silk and it felt rather comfortable. At the bottom of the dress, blue frills trailed along on the ground. I sighed. It was a halter-neck, though.

"I've changed!" I announced sulkily (although I was a little happy).

Miku peeped in from the cracks of the door before unlocking it. Dragging me to the dressing table, she forced me to sit down on the chair and yanked the hairband off my head. It was not pleasant, I assure you. How could someone so small have so much strength? And so, the powdering began. I sneezed at intervals when she shoved bottles of obscenely-strong-smelling perfume under my nose.

Finally, the torture was done as she nodded in satisfaction. My heels, dangerously high were quite a threat to me. I gulped and imagined myself sprawling on the ground. Not good.

"Look at yourself, Taka!" she crooned.

I did as she told and stared straight at the mirror. Inside it was a beauty, her golden locks let down and framing her face. Her midnight blue eyes were highlighted by the soft silver eye-shadow. She was positively blushing, probably in shock. I smiled and she did so too, revealing her dimples. Alluring.

"Taka, that's you," Miku sighed at how shocked I was. "No one, I repeat, no one, will look ugly after my treatment! Besides, you were quite pretty to begin with, just that you... well... you think you're ugly when you're nervous..."

"Thanks," I hurled back, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Yes! That's the Taka I know!" she clapped enthusiastically and pushed me out of the chair, down the stairs and into the grand hall.

"B-but," I realised, "Miku, I don't have a partner!" I choked out.

"I've got it all planned for you!" she giggled.

"N-no! I don't want to be dancing with some freak or some weirdo that's..." my voice trailed off as Mori appeared in front of me.

"That's your 'some freak or some weirdo' for you! Hunny!" she exclaimed, laughing at my... predicament.

"Miku Hatsune, I will make sure to kill every single one of your leeks with my pizza cutter when I get home," I muttered.

And as usual, Mori was looking bored (like he always does. He seems to have a problem displaying his emotions.) . On my side, I was trying to fix myself into the same facade that I always had, to be confident and enchanting. I wasn't sure if the 'enchanting' part would work on this statue, but perhaps...? My heart had regained its normal beating rate. I plastered a kind smile on my face, bowing slightly.

The ball had begun. He held out his hand patiently and I accepted it, trying to focus on his steely grey orbs. It was the first sign to show how I wasn't afraid. I tried not to be an idiot and trip. But it worked out fine. I was positively glowing, gracious and graceful. The spell was working. And then, music radiated through the hall, flowing into my ears. We swirled around the couples, dancing. Step, turn, step, cross, step, point, turn. The steps were repeated over and over again. I was treading on water, instead of drowning in it. I had managed to keep my simple smile instead of replacing it with a sheepish one.

His hands were large and warm, movements somewhat gentle. Calmness from him replaced the anxiety within me. And then, the muic stopped. I tensed, the charm broken. I was back to being uncomfortable and nervous. Untangling my hand from his hastily, I knew it was rude to do so but I couldn't care less. If he was stung by rejection, he certainly did not show it. He caught on and released me. I almost stumbled over my feet and squeezed through the crowd of Mori fangirls.

 It wasn't long before I could find a balcony to hide in. I slid in the shadows and stayed there, eyes searching for Miku. She wasn't hard to spot. Her teal hair was swinging around dangerously while Hunny and her spun around, being hazards. I laughed silently at how childish she was. Luckily there were no paparazzis around.

I fumbled with my dress. The wind blew at my hair, rustling it. Yet the coldness of it also pricked at my ungloved skin, making me miss how warm Mori's was. I shook my head, trying not to think too much of him and hit my forehead twice. I placed my trembling fingers around my neck, hiding them in my hair. Well, at least I had claimed the first dance with him.

As I stared at the crowd, my eyes were still searching for him, wondering. He was with a particularly pretty girl with long brown hair. Her face was serious and she seemed to be conversing with him. I thought she was pretty familiar and began thinking. Could it be... Haruhi? But the mysterious girl had disappeared and Mori was engulfed by the fangirls again. I tried looking for Len and Rin, and there they were, dancing around without a care. I grinned cheekily at how the girls were all swooning over Len. They should have heard 'Spice!'.

Minutes had passed. I was still cold. The moon was round and glowing, in the sea of black. It was beautiful, how the stars sparkled and faded too. The grand hall of Ouran Academy was pretty much sparkling, too. The orchestra was playing on the stage. I recognised it as 'Sleep Away'. It was one of my favourites. I sneezed again, shuddering. Perhaps I should go home now.

"You alright?" a warm, emotionless voice spoke slowly.

"Uh?" I squeaked, whirling around to stare at the person.

Mori.

I sneezed again in reply. My fingers were icy cold again. The breeze blew, and I shivered. He took a hesitant step forward, taking my hands. His were so warm, hot even! I breathed lightly, staring down at my hands.

"Dance?" he asked.

"Umm... okay?" I wasn't thinking at all. "What's the time?"

"Nearing midnight."

Okay, so that meant that it was only minutes to Christmas. I nodded as he lead me out into the middle of the room. And so it begun again, only that I was more secure and confident.

"Who was that girl, you know, with the long brown hair and... a pink short dress? Was she Haruhi?" I asked mildly. Step, twist, turn.

"Hmm."

I took it as a confirmation. We twirled around and around, conversing, well, I was speaking. He was stony. As he remained quiet, I tried looking around for Miku. Had she gone home? Mori's hand held me tighter as I looked away. I swivelled back to glance at him. Was that squeeze to tell me to pay attention? I frowned. I was getting too dreamy.

"Alright?" he asked in the deep throaty voice again.

"Hmm... yeah," I wasn't really paying attention, listening to the music.

As the music came to an end, I sighed. The bell rang again. Christmas! I prayed for snow. But it would be quite ridiculous to let it snow now. He kissed my hand, something I should be squealing about, but I was just too confused. I had saw Miku being carried away... Was that my eyes playing a trick on me? I continued staring around, searching for the teal hair. It was there! It was disappearing out of the hall!

"Yeah... umm..." I jogged past Mori and out of the hall.

Miku wasn't anywhere, as I searched the corridors. I landed at the foyer, waiting. I decided to reach her on her phone, thus dialling the numbers in. The same irritating sound.

"Miku!" I cried.

"Huh?" she sounded sleepy.

"Where are you now!" I was bursting with anxiety.

"What's wrong?" she was alert, now. "I'm at home. I packed up for you too, you see. Hunny offered to send me home... And besides, you were having fun with Mori so I thought..."

Her words brought back another point. Mori.

"Oh great!" I moaned. "I totally ignored him after the dance! Ugh!"

I hung up on her and slouched on a bench. How could I do something so rude to a person I had a crush on? I probably never stood a chance! He should hate me back too. I started wallowing in self-pity, also chiding myself at the same time. I pressed the tips of my fingers to my forehead, trying to think clearly. I should return home, probably also get a good bath and drown myself. How pessimistic I was.

As I stood up and tried calling Miku again, apologising and pleading for her to send a car here. She refused, and sounded strangely smug. Perfect. Now I would have to drag myself back there with heels. It was cold, too. I tried reaching Len, but there was no reply. Time for the marathon! I trudged out of the school, past the gates, cursing my luck.

"Wait," a warm hand gripped my shoulder.

I stood, stunned and afraid. It reminded me of something taboo, not supposed to be thought about. I had it securely locked up in a locker, but the slightest reminder... it could bring on a wave of unpleasant memories. I only had my heels. They looked sharp enough. I panicked, subtly looking around for a passer-by. None. Unwillingly, I turned to see the person.

"Mori?" I called out, breathing a sigh of relief.

"..."

"Umm... Is there anything?" I raised an eyebrow.

"... I..."

"Oh. Umm, I need to go home now, you see. Bye!" I blurted. The words were out of my mouth before I could even stop myself. Ugh.

Having said that, I decided to stay true to my words and trotted away, mentally beating myself up for not asking if he could send me home. I was an idiot. One that couldn't walk very well in heels. Luckily, I didn't trip. I wondered what that was all about. Gazing up at the sky, it didn't seem like it could snow tonight.
And then, he held my hand. I turned around to face him.

"I wanted to spend Christmas with someone I liked," he explained, still looking as stony as he did.

It didn't match. I, the clearly obsessed school girl was supposed to be saying something that mushy to a samurai, not the reverse! What happened? Did he hit his head? Was this a dare? My mouth was left agape.

"Uh.." I said in confusion.

"It's not a dare, nor did I hit my head," he had an amused glint in his eyes. He could read minds! Creepy.

"Umm... So?" I shrugged.

And he reached down, to kiss my forehead. Everything accelerated, my heartbeat, the adrenaline pulsing through my blood. I was taken by surprise, standing there like a statue. Eyes widened and stared up as I tried remembering what the forehead kiss meant.

"To tell the receiver that he or she cares subtly," I murmured.

And without thinking, I lunged at him, tackling him in a hug. I was on top of him now, possibly suffocating him to death, but did I care? I was laughing, my voice shaky. And the most wonderous sound in the whole world; Mori laughing in his low, husky voice. Something cold fell on my head and I glanced up. Snow!

"Merry Christmas," he smiled.
___________________________________________________________________________________

OMG. It's so fluffy! But sweet. Ah, I missed Christmas, but better late than never, right? :D haha. Merry late Christmas!

Ollie :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have fun scribbling your thoughts :D The pencil... is amused.