Monday 4 March 2013

"Love is a much more vicious motivator"

tiny piece of fiction inspired by the quote "Love is a much more vicious motivator"--BBC Sherlock, Sherlock Holmes
_________________________________________________________________________________

"I'm going to kill you."

The dramatic tensions of staged play is killing her, even if the silences are too lengthy and quiet. There's a mix of macabre and irony within her words-- she doesn't know how she actually manages that, but the lines were written for her.

They were meant for her.

Somehow, though, she figures that little improvisations here and there wouldn't hurt. But the scriptwriter insists that this is the way the world works. This is the way the plot unfolds. This is the way her story starts, continues, falls, ends.

"I'm going- I'm going to kill you."

She falters with an accented anxiety, experimenting with the look of a bereaved child. While she can paint the crime scene of a haste murder, the culprit remains a mere patch of words. There is no life in the kill. Her culprit's a mere figurine or symbol of utter vacancies within the flawed manual of constructive set-up kills.

"I'm gonna kill you."

Dark comedy. A tinge of bitterness that'll induce laughter from the audience, all right. She can see through the psychological uncertainties of this culprit.

"I'm going to kill you."

Yes.

This is the one; she's taken her pick.

"I'm going to tear you down with sweet favours and whisper little nothings into your ears, promising you everything. You're gonna believe me. I'm gonna leave you longing for more, all defenses down. I'm going to lick you up, every last shred of dignity. I'm gonna leave you begging for more. I'm gonna leave you boiling in lust."

Her plan is simple, and so intricately complex at the same time.

"And then I'm going to leave you alone."

Love. Definitely a much more motivating factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have fun scribbling your thoughts :D The pencil... is amused.