Tuesday 17 January 2012

that's merely what I say to trap you

It's the common strain, competitively we work against time, against each other. Not more said, because it seems to be the natural rule of the worlds, how our modus operandi simply just is. We scoff lightly at how our carefully, discreet insults are embedded in the sea of 'praises'. What is real and what is not?

Because of how I am taught, I simply smile and let it go, refusing to keep my school pride, refusing just to scream and dash away in tears. I am not taught to be so immature, instead being a big-hearted karakuri pierrot. It is an accepted fact, once landing in my hands, twisted and scrutinised. I try to find a loophole within the big ball of reasons. And there are just so many different holes for me to plot my attack; yet many defenders that challenge me. Even if I point out the actual facts, how will we learn to accept it? Would it take forever?

"Let's work together and coexist in peace."

Does it apply to us, this very reasonable statement? Are we beyond all rationalisation? Is it determined to be told like this? The story of the past, present and future? You, the waves of promises from your lips, will one day be unable to take the stress and put me down. I will not want to fight, so I will lay my armour down, knowing how you'd say how much of a coward I am. I am one, indeed. I fear for the conclusion that the wars of both worlds will rage one, audiences from the sidelines wag their pudgy fingers and smirk. Even if I want to turn back, my own pride will not allow it, bounding me to look forward and forget you. Can I? Will I?

In my blouse and skirt I stand, wavering slightly. Is it apt to say, at this juncture, that 'As humans, we are born alone and will also eventually die alone'? The pain of losing your friends, like sand that manages to spill even with my fist clutched tight, deliberately falling to the ground one by one, making me cringe at the prolonged process.

As for now, I shall only believe in your words and my hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have fun scribbling your thoughts :D The pencil... is amused.